Ever wished that you had the creative A-Team on your project? Top architects, artists, designers and other creatives? Well, now, at the click of a button, you can.
Well, sort of. A creative A-Team populated by digital versions of these great people.
Our new BrightSparks app builds on Michalko’s Hall of Fame creativity technique. The technique allows problem solvers to explore how famous people will help solve their challenge by using the unique knowledge and practices of these people. The BrightSparks app supports use of the technique without the need for human facilitation – you can use it alone, in groups, or workshop settings. We have added creative clues, which when applied to the personas, guide users to think creatively about designs.
The technique is simple to use:
- Identify a challenge that you or your project team would like to solve;
- Use BrightSparks to find insights from the profiled personas and by applying the creative clues;
- Write down your ideas on paper or capture them electronically by using the link to the MindMup visual mind mapping tool, available with BrightSparks;
- Explore the set of clues until the creative potential of the persona has been exhausted.
- Repeat the exercise with new personas to ensure that new and creative ideas are generated.
Now it’s time to collect your own Creative A-Team. Go to http://brightsparks.city.ac.uk/. We love it when a plan comes together.
James Lockerbie and Neil Maiden